Sunday, September 11, 2016

Children's Author Midge Newth is in the Spotlight.


When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? Late in 2014.

How long does it take you to write a book? Depends if I am in the zone, I can knock out a book in a couple of days … If I am not in the zone it can take months.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing? Hmmm, I do not have a work schedule when I write. I have to find time to write. I work full time taking care of people with disabilities, writing is like a mini vacation for me.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? I do not think I have any quirky writing quirks. I do love aromatherapy, though and that helps me to relax and get writing. Is that quirky??? Maybe.

How do your books get published? I am a self publisher on Amazon so I do the publishing part myself.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? My ideas come from everyday life. I get my information from personal experiences and the internet to make sure my facts are good.

When did you write your first book and how old were you? I wrote my first book late in 2014 when I was 54, I think.

What do you like to do when you're not writing? I love to play.  I love to do sky venture (indoor skydiving), I like skydiving, I love to do tree top obstacle courses.  I have done 2 triathlons. I also like to get away from it all by going to the beach, and hanging out with family and friends. I also like to make goals so that I can accomplish them.

What does your family think of your writing? They say they are proud of me and I have no reason to doubt that they are.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? That I could do it and that people, strangers would read them and have opinions on them.  I never thought that would happen.

How many books have you written? I think it is 14 books, with one in progress.  

Which is your favorite? Ouch, that is like asking me to pick my favorite child...lol  I guess my favorite one right now is "Tori and Papa Build Friendships", which is about a girl with special needs and Tori doing the right thing when she learns we are all human.  She goes against what her peers think and she befriends this girl who teaches her a few things, when it comes to bullies.

Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they? Just write down your ideas. Let your creativity shine.  Do not listen to anyone that tells you that “you can’t do that”. follow your heart and most of all after you write and get your story where you like it...get a great editor.

Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say? I hear from readers in the form of reviews. My books have gotten very good reviews and the readers seem to notice that my books are meant to empower and inspire children to go after their dreams. That children can be anything do anything that they put their mind to. It may take some children a little longer to reach their goals but they all can reach their goals.

Do you like to create books for adults? No, I love writing and creating for children.

What do you think makes a good story? Motivational and inspirational everyday events that I can share with readers.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up? Hmmm, let’s see if I can remember that far back...Oh, I always wanted to help people achieve their goals and reach their dreams. There was and still is something about watching people succeed that was and still is a very cool thing to witness.

Any books in the works? There are always some kind of book in the background of my mind that I think I will always have a story to put to paper. I do have a book in the works, it needs to be edited and illustrated, it is vol 4 of my Tori and Papa the Handyman Series.  I also have a couple of activity books to go along with my Handyman series and "The Charlie and Nana Cookbook Series"

What are your plans for the future? To help get the non profit I co-founded
off the ground to help people that have some kind of disability and they fall through the cracks, they make too much for government assistance and not enough to really get by day to day. We want to provide people assistance in training for better jobs, offer assistance in different areas such as in providing transportation if they need it to go to doctor and dental visits, to help people budget their finances, to even providing service dogs to our veteran’s who could really use a service dog so that they can live a better life. The profits from
my books go to help other people. I hope to do the backpacks and blessing bags for the homeless again this year. For the last 2 years we were able to donate backpacks and blessing bags during Thanksgiving. Though I want to help the other people too, not just the help the homeless. Tori and Papa are not only in the workshop again making projects; they are building friendships. 

WATCH VIDEO


Have you ever been bullied or snubbed by others? Do you know someone who has been bullied? Shannon is the new girl in school, who has a developmental disability and is being bullied. 

Tori learns what it is like to be snubbed by others in a way that she has never experienced before and learns a lot about Shannon from this experience. Find out the courage it takes Tori to stand up to her “friends”. 

Children love to learn new things and this book includes two easy-to-make projects that children will enjoy making. 



This children's book series is about a handyman teaching his granddaughter how to simple repairs around the house and learn new skills. 
This is a unique series that designed to break traditional gender barriers and empower girls to tackle tasks that are often geared for males. 
In this story, Tori is invited to join Papa on a home inspection and make a birdfeeder. 



This is a beautifully illustrated and charming story about the love between a grandmother and her grandchild as they bond while reading about a teddy bear.Grandma shows her grandchild that she will always be with them, even if she is away from them, through the gift of a teddy bear she has given to them. Follow along as grandma shows her grandbaby her love using the teddy. 








This is a beautifully illustrated story for children about a dragonfly that embarks on an adventure and follows her dream, even when others said she could not do it. 
Parents will enjoy reading this beautifully illustrated book to their children. The message for children is to encourage their strengths and follow their dreams even if they do not succeed at first. 
The author, Midge Newth, is a life coach and personal trainer who enjoys helping people find themselves and accomplish their dreams and goals. She wrote this story knowing that everyone can make their dreams a reality with encouragement.





Meet Charlie and Nana!

Charlie wants to learn all of Nana’s recipes so he asks her to teach him more recipes. 

Nana has an idea! She will continue the cooking adventure by teaching Charlie how to make some favorite Jewish recipes to help neighbors, Mr. and Mrs. Stein, celebrate Chanukah.

Join Charlie and Nana as Charlie gets his third cooking lesson. 





Charlie and Nana learn about diabetes in this book, with new and healthy dessert recipes inside.
Charlie and Nana learn that Grandpa has diabetes and need to learn how to cook without the carbohydrates of refined sugars. Dealing with diabetes can be a scary and challenging if it is not controlled.
Charlie and Nana need to learn how to make tasty diabetic desserts that are healthy and taste good. Read and see how Charlie learns how to cook healthy desserts for his Grandpa. 


Charlie was sad that he had to stay indoors on a rainy day. His grandma, Nana suggested that he begin an adventure: his first cooking lesson! Follow along as Nana teaches Charlie how to gather ingredients, make fancy hot dogs with dipping sauce and cookies and learn the basics of cooking. 
Children love to help cook. In addition to being a fun story to read to your children, this book includes three easy-to-make recipes that little ones are sure to enjoy making and eating.


Charlie and his grandma, Nana, are in the kitchen again! In this story, he is invited to help her bake Christmas cookies. 
Nana teaches Charlie how to gather ingredients, make three tasty cookies and learn the basics of cooking. 
Children love to help cook. In addition to being a fun story to read to your children, this book includes easy-to-make recipes that little ones are sure to enjoy helping you make and eat!



In the second volume of the series, Charlie's grandma, Nana, teaches him how to make lunch, including a healthy homemade soup and the learn the basics of cooking. 

Children love to help cook. In addition to being a fun story to read to your children, this book includes two easy-to-make recipes that little ones are sure to enjoy helping you make and eat!





Charlie and Nana are in the kitchen again! Charlie continues his cooking adventure. Follow along as his grandma, Nana, teaches Charlie how to gather ingredients and make three tasty recipes, including breakfast and a homemade salad dressing, and learn the basics of cooking. 


Nana teaches her grandson, Charlie, how to make their favorite Thanksgiving meals. 
Join Charlie and Nana as Charlie gets his forth cooking lesson and learns how to gather ingredients, make Mashed Potato and Turnips, Pumpkin Pie and Turkey Gravy, 
Children love to help cook. In addition to being a fun story to read to your children, this book includes easy-to-make recipes that little ones are sure to enjoy help cooking and eating. 



Charlie continues the cooking adventure with his seventh cooking lesson. 
Nana teaches her grandson, Charlie, how to gather ingredients, make easy and tasty holiday recipes, and learn the basics of cooking. 
Children love to help cook. In addition to being a fun story to read to your children, little ones are sure to enjoy helping you make and eat these holiday dishes.





Midge Newth invites you to follow her many pages:


Website: https://mjdpublishing.com/midge
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MidgeNewthAuthor/?fref=ts
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Midge031316
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Midge-Newth/e/B00HT5KD56/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1
Audio: http://www.audible.com/pd/Kids/The-Adventures-of-Odonata-the-Dragonfly-Audiobook/B00XJS78I2
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/7752079.Midge_Newth





The Owl Branch Book Promotions Proudly Represents Author Midge Newth.





No comments:

Post a Comment